In response to the large-scale displacement of refugees fleeing Ukraine, NRC is in the process of setting up humanitarian operations for refugees arriving in Poland, Romania, and Moldova. NRC will respond, focusing on an integrated approach that combines our sectoral areas of expertise – education, protection, urban displacement outside camps, legal aid (ICLA) and shelter – working to a great extent with local partners.
NRC in Moldova has obtained registration as a legal entity (NGO) in Moldova and is now eligible to seek funding in-country, and to employ staff locally.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Urban Displacement Out of Camp Coordinator position is to coordinate teams and activities in order to implement operations in Moldova.
- Line management of CM / Urban Displacement Out of Camp project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and awareness of NRC global and regional strategies
- Contribute to Urban Displacement Out of Camp strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps, considering where appropriate the role of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Urban Displacement Out of Camp projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality:
- Either with direct implementation
- Or through implementing partners
- Coordinate with operational partners: follow-up on activities, provide advice and support, collect questions and needs (tools, capacity building…) and ensure continued auqlity professional relationship with them
- Act as link between NRC and international humanitarian community and NRC’s operational partners (collecting and sharing information from the field as needed: service mappings, referrals, gaps, etc.)
- Attend internal and external coordination meetings as needed (Working groups, task-force…)
- Provide regular progress reports to Camp Management/Urban Displacement Out of Camps Programme Development Manager.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Collaborate with Camp Management/Urban Displacement Out of Camps Programme Development Manager to develop tools and materials as needed for project implementation
- Lead daily, weekly, and monthly Urban Displacement Out of Camps team planning and operational coordination (for Urban Displacement Out of Campsteams in the Field Office), including on Support functions (on budgets and spending, recruitment, administrative liaison, grants reporting, monitoring and evaluation)
- Oversee and manage programme quality of Urban Displacement Out of Camps team activities in Moldova, including accountability to and effective engagement with affected people
- Contribute to risk management framework for programming in Moldova Field Office, and support in implementing risk mitigation measures
- Ensure UDOC project activities are fully documented for financial, reporting, accountability, learning, and communication purposes.
- Undertake regular field visits to spot check and monitor project progress and performance.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CANDIDATE WITH THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working in camp or community-based humanitarian project implementation position
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Romanian and Ukrainian, and ideally Russian
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- University degree in a relevant subject, ideal
- At least 3 years’ experience in a project implementation position in an NGO or UN agency
- At least 1 years’ experience in a team leadership or line management position;
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize and multitask;
- Excellent team-working and communication skills;
- Proactive and adaptable, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent computer literacy, including MS Office (Word and Excel, Microsoft 365 / Google Suite); data collection tools knowledge appreciated (Kobo…),
- Preferable knowledge in either (or multiple) of the following fields of intervention: Camp/Site coordination/ management, UDOC (Urban community-based projects), WASH, Shelter/infrastructure
- Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
WE ENCOURAGE QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES TO PARTICULARLY APPLY
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your updated CV and motivation letter to: [email protected].
Before 22th May 2022.
Duty Station: Chisinau
Type of Contract: 6 months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for the position
Language: Fluency in English is highly desired!