1.Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
Less than a month into the emergency, UNHCR set up a large scale cash delivery system in Moldova and established itself as the key actor for cash assistance for refugees. The Agency works in close collaboration with CRS and its partners Caritas Moldova and Diakonia, other UN Agencies and the relevant Government officials. UNHCR also co-chairs the national Cash Working Group with the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection. It works in collaboration with key financial actors in the country.
The incumbent should be comfortable in liaising with governmental officials as well as coordinating with multiple national and international stakeholders at her/his level. S/he must be able to deal with multiple, competing priorities and support the concrete delivery of a national, large-scale cash assistance programme.
The Associate Programme CBI Officer is an active member of the operation and is normally supervised by a professional member who manages and oversees the UNHCR cash assistance programmes. The incumbent supports to ensure that operations are compliant with the technical guidance and administrative instructions on CBI, use CBI coherently and strategically and are adequately monitored.
S/he normally receives guidance and direction from the Senior Programme CBI Officer - or Programme CBI Officer - or Programme Officer or other more senior staff. S/he may maintain close links with CBI staff in UNHCR HQ.
Internally the Associate Programme CBI Officer will also liaise with UNCHR field offices and country offices. Externally s/he will liaise with Implementing and Operational Partners, National Governments, line ministries and UN agencies.
The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Manual, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
- Support the strategic and coherent use of CBI's in the operations, assisting to ensure that CBI is maximised in assistance and service provision, strongly linking it to CRRF, MYMP and development, including linkages with Social Protection and Financial Inclusion.
- Support the review of and assist in coordinating the final clearance with DFAM of the CBI Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the operations, with support from more senior staff.
- Support the development of cash assistance programmes and support the senior management to ensure that CBI is fully, effectively integrated into the country operations plan for protection and solutions and Annual Program Planning and COP.
- Assist in ensuring compliance to HALEP and that CBI is included in the preparedness and response planning and be a first responder to new emergencies/ and returns situations to ensure operations are using CBI as a modality, in collaboration with more senior staff.
- Support the effective and coordinated procurement and contracting of Financial Service Providers by procurement/supply and finance.
- Provide technical support on planning and assist in policy making on activities within the area of CBIs as an integral part of UNHCR programmes including assessments, planning and budgeting, technical choices, legal and regulatory aspects, implementation modalities and coordination.
- Support and collaborate with sectors to increase the use of CBI in education, shelter, livelihoods and where applicable in health and WASH programmes.
- Support the adequate inter-agency coordination mechanisms on CBIs and assist in building and maintaining strong relations with partners, regional entities and represent UNHCR in CBI coordination, with support from more senior staff.
- Support the establishment of a sound monitoring process for cash assistance, with proper collection, use and monitoring of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse CBI¿s performance. Analyse trends and target interventions including CBI expenditure, upstream and downstream activities.
- Assist in assessing the technical soundness of the operations and generate data for evidence-based decisions.
- Assist in fulfilling CBI related reporting requirements.
- Support the use of UNHCR corporate tools and systems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org