O'Toole Transport are seeking an experienced Transport Planner to join our busy, dynamic Transport Team based in Galway.
Founded in 1996 and based in Galway, Dublin & Glasgow the company now employs 200 people.
As we seek to develop and grow our business we wish to attract innovative, ambitious and hard-working individuals to consider a career with OToole Transport.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic transport team with fantastic career progression opportunities.
Shift - 14.00 -22.00
Accomodation - Provided for relocation
Responsibilities and Duties
- Transport planner required to work in a busy transport team to help to schedule, organize and prioritize workloads & Organize drivers
- Must be a quick thinker, super efficient and be able to work under pressure.
- Must have an excellent manner when dealing with customers and other employees.
- Asset management with a focus on efficiency
- Liaise with customers for job bookings and customer care
- Entering / Updating consignments onto the company IT systems
- Resolve any delivery or collection issues in the most efficient way possible whilst maintaining the highest level of service at all times
- Plan workload effectively and communicate work to drivers in an accurate and timely manner
- Any other ad hoc duties as required from time to time by Management
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 2 Years experience in a similar role
- Good communications skills on email and verbally
- Good IT skills
- Geographical knowledge of Ireland and UK
- Knowledge of drivers tachograph rules