- University degree in relevant area (e.g. sociology, statistics, community development, law and human rights);
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field in an emergency context working for an NGO,
- Preferably two or more years work experience in Monitoring & Evaluation for NGOs, particularly in conducting assessments, surveys and using participatory methods for qualitative and quantitative data collection;
- Experience in training and managing data collection and data entry teams, and ability to conduct training for project staff in M&E and reporting;
- Data analysis ability (Excel or SPSS) and other computer literacy skills;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills to write clear and concise M&E reports, including providing practical recommendations for programming;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- Fluency in Romanian/Russian and working knowledge of English
- Knowledge of Ukrainian is an advantage
Working conditions: Full Time
I. Main objective:
The main responsibility of the MEAL assistent is to support the MEAL officer for accountability, project quality assurance and learning, by ensuring the timely collection, dissemination and use of M&E findings to improve project policies and practices.
- To design of M&E methodologies, tools & performance plans
- Support the MEAL officer in the design and update the projects performance monitoring plan, including how and when to measure progress towards achievement of outcomes and associated indicators;
- Support in design standardised and practical M&E systems and tools (including databases, survey instruments, observation checklists etc) to track and verify project outputs, progress and effectiveness;
- Implement the M&E methodologies and conduct field data collection; including service satisfaction .
- To conduct field monitoring visits, surveys and project-related assessments
- Conduct and support the monitoring of response and case management processes
- Use various participatory and quantitative methods to collect data including focus group discussions (FGDs), and conduct quantitative for KAPs surveys, service satisfaction and post-distribution monitoring;
- Ensure that data quality control processes (including data checking and daily de-briefing) is implemented for all surveys conducted;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis (using Excel or SPSS), and write clear, concise and accurate reports in reports in English including recommendations for programming;
- To track and verify project outputs, documentation and progress towards targets and impact
- Support the MEAL officer in the tracking of outputs and project progress
- Update the coordination team on any areas of concern regarding project achievements;
- Review and verify veracity of documentation of trainings, community engagement activities etc;
- Build the capacity of project staff on M&E processes
- Identify required training support, design and conduct training for all project staff on M&E processes, including reporting process, project documentation requirements and case study preparation for accountability and achievement of expected results;
- Facilitate periodic learning /reflection sessions with the project teams
- Provide continuous mentoring and technical support
- Ensure that M&E findings are utilised to inform project management and implementation practices
- Prepare and conduct field visits and write field monitoring reports;
- Attend monthly monitoring & coordination meetings with the PM and MEAL officer
- Facilitate project reflection sessions and the end of project lessons learnt workshop – ensure that findings are fed into future project design and implementation.
- Others responsibilities
- Liaise with partner/collaborating organizations, as requested by the MEAL officer
- Attend external meetings related to M&E activities, as requested by the MEAL officer
- To perform other duties and tasks, as requested by the MEAL officer or by INTERSOS Coordination.
- Manage with confidentiality the accountability mechanism of INTERSOS, escalating cases based on severity.