Senior PHP Backend Developer
- Design and development of critical engineering projects.
- Communicate transparently throughout all phases of the product development lifecycle regarding your ongoing and upcoming work.
- Develop high-quality code and tests.
- Develop features and respect the roadmap.
- Develop API’s to be used both for our frontend and mobile applications.
- Continuously improve the quality of software by innovating and working on performance optimization
- Review pull requests from your team members in order to conduct a constructive code review.
- Actively contribute to teammates’ work via code reviews and design discussions in a way that improves the team’s shared understanding of our systems and improves our technology.
- Lead discussions and achieve alignment with team members and stakeholders regarding the approach to your work.
- Evangelize best practices across the team and in your own work and help others balance the tradeoffs between best practices and pragmatism.
- Effectively lead complicated technical projects, delivering efficient, scalable, and resilient solutions.
- Identify and advocate for foundational work that can support work across the platform, foster workflow improvements, and create substantial impact for Jagaad
- Experience working with complex systems
- 8+ years of programming experience*
- 4+ years of commercial PHP (preferable last years of experience)*
- Experience with REST API Architecture, designs and implementation
- Experience working with Linux, Docker and Kubernetes
- Working experience with another programming language: Go, Python
- Top-notch software engineering ability and experience in designing and building RESTful, performant services
- Proficient at taking large, complicated technical projects and breaking down the work into clear stages and deliverables across multiple platforms
- Strong history of cross-functional collaboration
- Expertise in large system design, database performance and working with billions of data points
- Experience building, improving, and maintaining large-scale APIs. Knowledge of and curiosity about multiple languages of different types is helpful, but it is a big advantage if some of this experience is with PHP.
- Fluent in engineering best practices such as testability and ability to incorporate these into designs and execution
- Track record of contributing to product and business direction, collaboration across different teams, and delivering solutions that meet expectations and are pragmatic.
- Excellent knowledge of modern PHP
- Excellent knowledge of at least one framework (preferably Symfony)
- Excellent knowledge of development best practices such as SOLID, DRY, KISS, design patterns, object design
- Experience with testing code (unit, integration, functional)
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Good Knowledge of MySQL or MongoDB
- Good knowledge of GitHub/GitLab
- Problem-solving, decision making and effective communication skills
- Fluency in English
* We believe in the quality of skills rathern than quantity of years in a certain position. Therefore, we are open to candidates with limited experience, however – with excellent skills in PHP development.
What we offer:
We love what we do and working at Jagaad is a chance to be a part of something big! We value our employees tremendously, and do what we can to help them stay happy and healthy both at work and away from it. In addition to a supportive and healthy environment, we offer:
- We value growth and education, and offer reimbursement for classes and conferences (Personal /Educational Development Days per year)
- Company provides MacBook Pro
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary (between 50 000 – 70 000 Euro/year gross)
- Working from home
- Private health insurance
- Company sponsored trainings
- English classes
- Company paid Runnaways
Our core work hours are 9 am-5pm CET.
We are always looking to make our team more diverse. Individuals of all genders, race, sexual orientation, nationality, ability and educational background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your CV at email@example.com by February 3, 2022.
We're a Digital Company, fully remote and office-less. We are passioned about designing and developing cloud-based applications and scalable, performant micro-services that very often integrate with APIs.
For the past 2 years we worked with clients from Energy, Travel, E-commerce and Retail companies accelerate their ability to take advantage of new business models and market opportunities. We have more than 40 employees located in 8 countries in Belarus, Brazil, Cameroon, India, Italy, Moldova, Spain, United Kingdom.